Ever since I learned that 3D printers were at thing, I’ve wanted to do this. I designed a socket wrench holder for 3/8 drive fractional sockets. It will stack with others in this design series. I included the fused filament printer support in the design file so you can print it as-is; you don’t need to add support in your slicer software. It works with a single extruder, and does benefit from a color change at z = 22.2 mm. (Between z of 22.1 and 22.2 will work well) The 190x80mm footprint will fit on most printers.
- Socket holder for 3/8 drive fractional socket set
- Support structures for FFF printers included in .STL
- Single extruder
- Recommend color change at z = 22.2mm
- 190 x 80 mm printer footprint
- No post-print-processing, other than breaking away the printed supports
I recommend yellow for fractional sizes and red for metric, following the Bondhus color conventions.
The .STL file for 3/8 drive fractional sockets is here: STL for 3/8 drive fractional socket holder
The .STL file for 3/8 drive metric sockets is here:
- 20170106 Version 2: socket tray 0.375 metric v2.STL. Increased clearances for some sizes, lower walls.
- Version 1: STL for 3/8 drive metric socket holder
Feel free to use it or modify it, but not to commercialize it. If you make any money off of my designs, you then owe me money. I believe the concept is called “Copyleft”.